Monday, January 11, 2010

Melissa's chicken ramen salad


A few years ago, some friends and I started a "lunch bunch" playgroup. We'd each bring something to eat and the corresponding recipe to share with each other. This is the best chicken ramen cabbage salad I've had, so I thought I should include it on my blog. I think you'll enjoy it too!

1 head of green cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
8 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. almonds or sunflower seeds (shown)
2-3 bags ramen noodles, crushed
about 4 chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and diced

Mix salad ingredients together in large bowl.

Dressing:
2/3 c. salad oil
2/3 c. rice vinegar
1/2 c. sugar (I add a little extra)
1 T. ck. boullion (or just use the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Combine ingredients in blender or shaker. Pour over salad (you might not need all the dressing, so start with half, and add more to taste).

No comments: