Friday, April 17, 2009

Marinated Southwestern Grilled Chicken

So, I found this recipe on Familyfun.com and thought I'd try it out. It turned out very moist and flavorful. The original recipe says to grill the chicken, but since we don't have a real grill, I just used my good ol' George Foreman. I think it would be even better on a real grill (hmmmm, maybe I can pick one up for Joe for Father's Day ;) ), but it was still yummy.

After grilling, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve tostada-style with tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, rice, etc.

Marinade:

1/2 c. fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
Hint: (Roll the lime back and forth on the counter before squeezing to get the most juice out of each one.)
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 T. honey
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1-2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped

About 6- 40z. pieces of chicken, (I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half)

Combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag. Pierce chicken with a fork, and put in marinade, squeezing all the air out of the bag before sealing. Rotate the bag so all the chicken is coated. Place bag in a bowl, and let it marinate at least 4 hours (or overnight) in the fridge. Take chicken out of the fridge 20 min. before you want to start grilling. Grill until no longer pink inside. (Time varies depending on what method of grilling you use.) FYI: I did try baking this once too, and it did not turn out nearly as good.

No comments: