Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Goodness of Granola

This recipe comes from my sister's husband, Ben, and it's a winner! Good for breakfast, a snack, or as a topping on yogurt.



Ingredients:

2 lg. boxes old-fashioned oatmeal

2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

2 c. coconut

1 ¼ c. canola oil

2 c. honey

2 c. chopped dates, set aside

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except dates. Place in two to three 9x13 pans. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 ½ hours, stirring half way through baking time. Cool, stirring once when half cooled.

Note:

This makes A LOT of granola! I usually halve it. Also, I usually need to bake mine a little longer than the recipe directs.

2 comments:

Cristi Lou said...

Kristen,
I love your blog on cooking! I love to cook too and I am always looking for new recipes so I was excited to see your cooking blog. The granola recipe looks good. On the Oatmeal boxes, is that the same size as one of those round cannisters of oatmeal?

Chelise said...

Just when I thought you couldn't be more amazinG!!!!... then you make homemade granola (who knew there was such a thing!)