Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes, and this one seems to be the best.

2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened (soften at room temperature--don't microwave)
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I added a tad more)
2 eggs (I use extra large)
2 c. chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla.  Add soda and salt.  Mix in flour. Add chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 7-8 minutes.  Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire racks.  Cool completely.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Tip:  I tend to over bake cookies.  My mother-in-law told me to remove the cookies from the oven right before I think they are done.  "The trick to perfect cookies," she said, "is to have the bottom of the cookie be the same color as the top."

2 comments:

vdg family said...

Thanks! Can't wait to try them!

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

I want to try this! It's fun to see your updates!